12/4/07

wind up the westin charity photography

This weekend I volunteered my services to the American Lung Association of Rhode Island and photographed their Wind Up the Westin fundraiser.

This alternative sporting event consisted of a race up the stairs of the Westin Hotel in downtown Providence. Winners were awarded in different age groups, check out Richard Bruno (shown below) winner of the 70+ age group who finished the climb in under six minutes (in jeans!!!)

I believe it's important to give back to your community whenever possible, it felt great to do my part by taking some shots for an awesome cause!

For more information on how you can contribute to the RI Lung Association check out their website at www.lungri.org or give them a call at (401) 421-6487.

2 comments:

  1. The pictures look great! Thanks so much for your services and for donating your time. I look forward to seeing the rest of the pictures later this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know this is the only relevant search result for this event anymore? They pretend like this year didn't happen since they've moved locations to One Financial Plaza. Sad, since it got my team coming back for all 5 years now they've run the stair climb in Providence. I'd be interested if you had any additional pictures from this event. =)

    ReplyDelete

 
Add to Technorati Favorites